Sunday, February 10, 2008

Kim DiNardo & Christian Athletes

Hi there! My name is Kim DiNardo and I'm a member of the CSU Stanislaus Women's Soccer Team. I'm originally from Simi Valley in So Cal. I'm majoring in Business and hopefully will open my own business one day. I love to volunteer and be involved with school and activities.

In addition to being on the team, I'm a member of a club on campus called FCA. FCA stands for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Its a club on a campus where Christian athletes can meet and worship God. I began going my Freshman year,a teammate and I saw a poster and we thought we would give it a chance and little did we know how it was going to affect our lives. I've made so many new friends and it introduced me to my current church home, a college group and an opportunity to work staff at a Junior high ministries, Impact.

At FCA we have bible studies, game nights and speakers. At the end of each semester we have a party and this last semester we played guitar hero..now I'm addicted!! FCA is beginning to get more involved with the community and university. We started a new program where we give out Gatorade bottles with verses of encouragement to every sports team on their rival game. Additionally over the summer I worked the FCA sports camp at UCSB. It was a very rewarding experience because I got to help high school students improve their game and better their walk with Christ. It was an amazing time and I can't wait to do volunteer again next summer!!

I hope this have given you better idea of what FCA is all about! Hope to see you there!

If you would like more information about FCA go to:

http://www.fca.org/
and/or
www.myspace.com/stanislausfca

Check it out!